Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not so fast...


Text of Clinton's speech Tuesday - Los Angeles Times: "Now, the question is: Where do we go from here? And given how far we've come and where we need to go as a party, it's a question I don't take lightly. This has been a long campaign, and I will be making no decisions tonight. But this has always been your campaign. So, to the 18 million people who voted for me, and to our many other supporters out there of all ages, I want to hear from you. I hope you'll go to my Web site at HillaryClinton.com and share your thoughts with me and help in any way that you can. And in the coming days, I'll be consulting with supporters and party leaders to determine how to move forward with the best interests of our party and our country guiding my way."
-----------------
That is not a concession speech, even though the primary season is now OVER and she is in SECOND PLACE and Obama has enough pledged delegates and committed superdelegates to win on the first ballot. That's why Obama gave a victory speech, as anybody would who stood in his position after the primaries are OVER.

So apparently a graceful exit is not in the cards. I predicted months ago that she would take this to the convention. For anybody else that would be a remarkable thing, but not for Hillary Clinton. And at the same time she is angling to be Obama's VP choice. I wonder if she is bargaining with him, as in, "Pick me for VP, or I will drag you through a convention that will make Chicago 1968 look like a day at Chuckie Cheese."

No comments: