Wednesday, April 30, 2008

But I was counting on global warming...


Bloomberg.com: Worldwide: "Parts of North America and Europe may cool naturally over the next decade, as shifting ocean currents temporarily blunt the global-warming effect caused by mankind, Germany's Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences said."
----------
Well, that's just peachy. I have been counting on global warming to bail us out of these brutal Midwestern winters. Now it turns out that we have a decade of cooling to look forward to. I suppose the polar bears are doing backflips off their ice floes over this news. By 2018 they will be lounging around in my back yard and the deer will be cowering in fear in the garage. I read last week that the grey wolf is back in Wisconsin, which is about 5 miles from my house. If it gets any colder we will have woolly mammoths and saber-tooth tigers

No comments: