Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Trustee accused of racist comment :: The Courier News :: News

Trustee accused of racist comment :: The Courier News :: News: "CARPENTERSVILLE -- Village Trustee Linda Ramirez-Sliwinski, who tried to get fellow Trustee Paul Humpfer kicked off the village board last week in the wake of his domestic battery conviction, has been charged with disorderly conduct and accused of making a racist remark.

Village police said they issued Ramirez-Sliwinski a $75 ticket on Monday charging her with disorderly conduct after she admonished her neighbors' children for climbing a tree near her home on Sparrow Road, referring to them as 'monkeys.'"

--------------------------
She was an Obama delegate, but the campaign persuaded her to "step down."

I call my 10 year old twins "monkeys" all the time, because sometimes their behavior reminds me of the primate house at the zoo. If I saw my kids climbing too high in a tree, and I was trying to get them to climb down, I might make a monkey reference myself. I guess I can't be an Obama delegate.

The idea that a person could be charged with a crime for saying this is beyond ridiculous. It is obviously a First Amendment violation. I hope she takes these clowns to court. Oops. I said "clowns." Don't call the Language Police on me!

No comments: